Ex Libris

I can't stop coming back to the things I saw and discovered in Venice - for example how the city is famous for its paper. I came across a number of old paper shops founded in the 19th century, which are still using traditional methods to create their paper and hand print it. Legatoria Piazzesi was founded in 1851 and was the first to invent the new art of covering objects of everyday use with refined hand printed decors. As the founders claim they try to keep their unique atmosphere, full of history, culture, elegance, simplicity, refinement and authenticity.. Here is how things wrapped in this this paper look like:



And some more paper designs from Venice:








Images by Olga

5 comments:

Floss said...

Those are absolutely exquisite, Olga! I really didn't know about the paper making traditons in Venice. Thanks for the post, and thanks also for entering my giveaway - best of luck!

Mr Lee said...

Glad to see you again.Thanks for sharing these pictures.You have artistic sense.Paper is a wonderful idea!We feel that you are engaged in arts-related work.You let us know a lot.By the way,We follow you.Let's keep in touch.
Best wishes.

Paralelo Longe said...

Hello Olga,
I loved those papers. I wasn't aware of that Venice paper tradition. The pictures are beautiful.About my blog I inserted now the Google automatic translator and there are several languages available.I think it'll help. Bye. And my name is TI

Olga said...

Thanks for stepping by, Floss! I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Hi Mr Lee, thanks for following me, it is really flattering you like this blog! Glad to stay in touch!

Nice to meet you, TI :) Will definitely understand more now that your blog is not only in Portuguese - thanks for that!

Michela said...

...I feel ashamed...I've never heard about this shop so far...