Colours of Óbidos

It seems that summer and busy time at work are a really bad combination for blogging :( . And unfortunately it doesn't seem to be getting any better for me... I'm not sleeping much these days. I was in Warsaw this week and the next one I am going to be in the UK - also for work. So today after such a long absence I'm back with some colourful memories of our trip to Portugal. There are so many things to mention about this trip... I just wish I had enough time!

Image by TI

We were lucky to visit a small town called Óbidos. It is located on a hill and is encircled by a fortified wall and has an ancient Moorish castle. The well-preserved medieval look of its streets, squares, walls and its massive castle make the town a very picturesque place to visit. And when visiting, it is compulsory to try the local cherry liquor called ginjinha. But what struck me most about Óbidos was how colourful the place looked. And here is the reason why - the town was literally drowning in flowers! (and I couldn't stop taking pictures)





The colours are so bright, that sometimes it is hard to believe from the distance all these flowers are real. But when you come closer...







Images by TI, Arek, Olga

6 comments:

Michela said...

Hi Olga!
Really wonderful pictures, they are so Mediterranean!
Have a lovely Sunday!

Διάττων said...

I really liked your colorful pics from Portugal! About the fact that you work too much, try to find time to take some rest. You have to find time for the joy of your soul.

Helen said...

Wow, you take such amazing photos! I hope you get to travel a lot more soon so we get to see the pictures!

Paralelo Longe said...

Hello dear Olga,
Finally I manage to have net. I've been away from TV, news, computers and, actually, that turns to be really good. I saw you've posted about Obidos.You are right, the village was absolutly beautiful with all those colorfull flowers. I just wanted to send you our love and tell you that our holidays are being very calm and relaxing, although today we are very tired because we walked too much. As we talked about, this month is really important for us because it's the only time in the year we can be all together without any other things on our minds, and it has been great! Hope you can have another break for another beautiful post about Portugal.I'll visit you everytime I manage to have net. Hope everything is well with your work. Love TI

SuvvyGirl said...

Those are all so pretty!! I love the Trumpeter Vines and the Bleeding Hearts. Those are actually two things I can find right in my back yard (if you push all the weeds aside)!!

Floss said...

Hello Olga! Like you, I've had some long absences from my computer, so I've just caught up with this lovely post now. So, are you in the UK right now, I wonder? If so, sorry about the weather - Ben is there for work, too, and says it's horrible! I am going to post about some of the flowers in our garden tomorrow - unfortunately, we're not frost-free in the winter so we can't grow those amazing bouganvillias that you saw in Portugal!

Don't worry about how much you blog - just get enough rest!